Parking map + tips
A “” marks the location of regular parking lots, while “” marks parking for special events. Click-and-drag to move the map around. Double-click to zoom in. Click a parking icon to learn the cost or to get directions from Google.
Most parking meters in Grand Rapids are not enforced after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and all day Saturday and Sunday. There are exceptions that include parking meters located at 21 Ottawa NW (in front of Elliott's News and Magazines) are enforced between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Also, parking meters on Monroe Center are enforced Monday through Saturday 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
*Hours of parking enforcement have been extended from 5 pm until 6 pm, Monday-Friday for meters located within the boundaries of Grand River, Division, Michigan and Oakes. Effective 9/1/2012.
Parking meters are not enforced on Sundays, and the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
For your convenience, each parking meter space gives notice of the enforcement hours.
Take advantage of free parking:
- On Ionia Street, north of Michigan Avenue
- On east side of Scribner Street, north of Bridge NW
- Take advantage of free one-hour parking at the Monroe Center ramp daily before 6:00 p.m. Enter the ramp from Ionia Avenue (between Louis and Monroe Center.)
Parking meters at the following locations are only $.25 an hour for up to ten hours!
- On Fulton Street over the Grand River
- On Monroe Street, north Michigan west side of street
- On Ionia Avenue, north Michigan west side of street
(Parking lot/ramp rates are posted for your convenience at the entrance of each facility.)
- Easy. Look up your destination on this website, and find the parking options – and prices – located nearby, as well as directions.
- Convenient. There are over 2,400 parking meters in downtown Grand Rapids, located next to your favorite stores and restaurants.
- Abundant. There are over 10,000 parking spaces in downtown Grand Rapids, including on street parking, parking lots, valet parking and parking ramps.
- Affordable. Daily rates range from $6-$20, Hourly rates range from $2-$4, with event parking averaging $5-$10 for the evening.
- Frequent Downtown Visitor? The City’s VIP parking program has great evening rates.
- Downtown Employee? Check the City or Ellis Parking for monthly rates.